The Fred Rogers Company d/b/a Fred Rogers Productions, a Pennsylvania non-profit corporation (the "Non-Profit"), is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and the personal information you may share with the Non-Profit or that the Non-Profit holds.
Information Collected and Maintained
The Non-Profit collects and maintains personal information that you, our donors, provide to us when you:
- Contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our website.
- Register for an event.
- Make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
- Navigate through our website.
From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval.
Types of Information. The Non-Profit collects and maintains the following types of information about our donors:
- Personal information, including: (i) contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit card information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. The Non-Profit does not disclose credit card account information provided by our donors, except for the proper processing of donations.
- Information on events attended and publications received.
- Any other information provided by the donor to the Non·Profit, such as public comments or posts on the Non-Profit's website.
- Non-personal information that does not personally identify you, including information that is anonymized, aggregated, or publicly available when not combined with non-publicly available information about you.
- Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including information automatically collected through technical methods such as:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Non-Profit, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics [(for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
All information about any financial and non-financial transactions between you and the NonProfit is considered highly confidential and we employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with the Non-Profit's board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
Use of Personal Information.
The Non-Profit collects and maintains personal information to:
- Establish a relationship and communicate with you about the Non-Profit, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
- Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
- Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Plan future fundraising activities and events.
- Analyze giving patterns.
- Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
The Non-Profit uses industry standard safeguards to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. The NonProfit will not share, sell, or exchange your personal information with any other entity for thirdparty fundraising or marketing purposes. To opt out, you may contact the Non-Profit as described in the "Contact Us" section below. To the extent that a third-party service provider is The Non-Profit uses industry standard safeguards to protect your personal information against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of your personal information. The NonProfit will not share, sell, or exchange your personal information with any other entity for thirdparty fundraising or marketing purposes. To opt out, you may contact the Non-Profit as described in the "Contact Us" section below. To the extent that a third-party service provider is used to process any donations, the provider is bound by strict confidentiality rules, and your information will only be used to the extent necessary to process the donation.
The Non-Profit will from time to time communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning the Non-Profit's charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. The Non-Profit will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations without your express consent. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact the Non-Profit as described in the "Contact Us" section below or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in any email communications.
Records Retention and Destruction.
The Non-Profit complies with all Internal Revenue Service, state, and local regulations and the Non-Profit's internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of donor information collected and maintained by the Non-Profit.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information.
You can review and request changes to the personal information that the Non-Profit has collected about you by contacting the Non-Profit as described in the "Contact Us" section below. However, please be aware that the Non-Profit may not accommodate a change request that would impact record retention or other operational requirements like remembering email optout preferences, violate any law or legal requirement, or cause the information to be incorrect. Deleting your personal information may also require deleting your user account (if any).
Changes to the Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13.
The Non-Profit's website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. The Non-Profit does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or provide any information about yourself to the Non-Profit, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If the Non-Profit learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, the Non-Profit will delete that information. If you believe the Non-Profit might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Non-Profit as described in the "Contact Us" section below.
Donor Bill of Rights.
The Non-Profit subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights as created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Associations for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and the Giving Institute.
To opt out of receiving communications from the Non-Profit, to review the personal information that the Non-Profit has collected about you, or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact the Non-Profit at the below address or email, or submit your request via the NonProfit's "Contact Us" on the Non-Profit's website and select "Giving and Donations" as the reason for your inquiry.